prep time:12 hours
cooking time:10 mins
General Manager, Paul Pease, & wife Carol make some stellar dishes with our wine. Paul & Carol know that Zaca Mesa wine pairs perfectly with food.
- 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3/4 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary leaves (about 4 sprigs)
- 3/4 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (about 5 sprigs)
- 6 single boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cleaned of fat and cut into large cubes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 (7-ounce) containers plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Zest of 2 lemons (fine)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped (optional)
1. In a plastic bag or airtight container, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, rosemary, and thyme.
2. Add chicken, toss well to coat evenly, and refrigerate overnight.
3. For the sauce, combine the rest of the ingredients in a mixing bowl and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
4. Remove chicken pieces from marinade and season well with salt and pepper.
5. Grill chicken for 5 minutes on each side, until golden brown and juices of chicken run clear when pricked with the end of the skewer.
6. Serve with Lemon-Pepper Yogurt Sauce & a glass of Roussanne.