Vegetarian Vietnamese Street Food
prep time:50 min.
cooking time:0 min.
perfect wines:Zaca Mesa Viognier
Ron Badach of Callicoon Kitchen has created a vegan version of Vietnamese street food with marinated tofu and fresh vegetables in Banh Trang- Vietnamese
rice paper. Ron’s sweet and savory dipping sauce adds a burst of flavor to this addictive dish.
This recipe will serve 2 people
- 2 Banh Trang (Rice Paper)
- 1/2 yellow pepper thinly sliced
- 4 baby zucchini thinly sliced
- 1/2 block of marinated firm tofu thinly sliced
- 1 handful of chopped purple cabbage
- 1/2 bunch of thinly sliced scallions
- 1 handful of organic pea shoots
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of sliced scallions
To make the dipping sauce:
- Combine all ingredients, whisk together, and set aside.
To make rolls:
- Submerge Banh Trang into a large bowl of warm tap water for a few seconds until pliable.
- Pat Banh Trang dry and lay flat.
- Using the lower third of the Banh Trang, begin with sliced tofu then pile on zucchini, cabbage, pepper, scallions, and pea shoots.
- Pull the bottom of the Banh Trang tightly over the filling, pinching the sides as you roll.
- Once complete, slice on an angle.
- Enjoy with dipping sauces and 2013 Zaca Mesa Viognier!
Check out the how to video here!